Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

5301 Week 2 - Action Research Topic

I'd like to use action research in regards to the implementation of iPads on my campus. More specifically, I want to see if teacher apprehension in integrating a new hardware, iPad, reduces with time and professional development. The time frame for my research will be August 2013 through April 2014. I will collect baseline data through a survey at the beginning of the school year in August. I will collect additional data in October 2013, December 2013, February 2014 and April 2014, to analyze and track teacher apprehension with using this technology.
I'd like for my action research to be used to help show reluctant teachers that there is light down the tunnel, and to drive professional development activities.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea, of focusing on developing teachers. If the iPad illiterate teachers would just get on board, they would make their lives easier. This will promote and enhance student achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested to see how your teachers progress with staff development. Will students also be receiving iPads for the 2013-2014 school year? A local school trained their teachers an entire school year before students received iPads. I know this is not possible in all cases, but it allowed the teachers to become comfortable with the device and to develop curriculum and lessons. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete